So we’re really excited for this year’s game. We’ve started prepping the site for pre-registration to be open, mapping plotlines, and getting props started. This year is going to be pretty phenomenal!
That’s it for pre-registration for Freefall 9!
If you missed the cut off, you can still attend by paying on site.
Full Weekend is $40
Single day is $25
Hope to see you there!
This weekend marks your last chance to pre-register for Freefall 2015. Sign up before midnight on Sunday July 5th to get the reduced rate and first chance at the patches.
With the excitement of the courthouse blowing up, the Judge, Banker, and the Sheriff disappearing, and the atmospheric processor issues.. it seemed like life was getting back to normal on Ataraxia. Chaotic. The council has since appointed a new Sheriff and things in town have calmed considerably. Ships are coming and going bringing more cattle and taking away meat and ore.
Blue Sun and WYC have minimized their presence due to the ongoing court cases on Hera. Representatives from the Firefly Ship Works have been seen on planet. News from Hera indicate a possible expansion into the Rim where regulations are a bit more lax on experimental ship design. Casino odds on Ataraxia getting the new factory is up are currently 4 to 1 as the easy access to titanium would make things very simple. Especially if they were to gain the councils approval to process material on world.
An outbreak of Crane Syndrome has been spreading through the System. Blue Sun Medical personnel have donated enough vaccine to inoculate all of its citizens free of charge.
Tales of Pre war treasure have begun again with the resurfacing of what could only be the Star of Ataraxia. A White Ataraxite gem that was cut and altered with what was rumored to be a treasure map to the riches of Julian Daye. A pirate that frequently raided ships of people settling the Rim.
In other Pirate related news, the Mary Read, an Independent Blockade Runner listed as unaccounted for in the War, has shown up orbiting Ataraxia. Representatives from the ship have been seen on planet and it was heard around the Queen of Hearts that Ataraxia may have its own Navy soon.
Outside the town proper, things are heating up between the Cattle Ranchers and Sheep Herders over territory. Both sides are claiming the deeds they have are for the same land, and with the lack of documents found in the remains of the courthouse, this issue is going to get more violent before it gets resolved. To make matters worse, with the increased amount of food on the planet. People on the outskirts of the Freehold have taken to Reaver scares right before people and livestock have gone missing.
There’s been a lot of worried grumbling out on the rim lately. Sickness on a plague level has been whispered about in hushed and worried tones in spaceports out in the Blue Sun System. Most especially, people have been worried out near Fury. It’s eight populated moons have been hard hit by Reavers, and they can’t afford to loose more people to a plague. Blue Sun Corporation has been taking a humanitarian response and will be providing free inoculations against this new illness.
There’s been a lot of stuff that’s happened over the last 9 years. Some good, some bad, some… well, frankly… odd. This year we will be offering a lot of changes when it comes to how medical is handled. First off, there are now three roles in the medical field.
- Field Medic – Can handle wound levels 1 – 4 at a rate of 5 minutes per wound. Patient may not be moved once treatment begins, so remember to be behind good cover or in town.
- Doctor – Can handle wound levels 1 – 7 at a rate of 5 minutes per wound. Patient may not be moved once treatment begins, so remember to be behind good cover or in town. Doctors are registered and the number of available doctors is fixed at 5. Please email or register with Mykal or Kaysy to secure your spot.
- Surgeon – Can handle wound levels 1 – 9 at a rate of 5 minutes per wound. Patient may not be moved once treatment begins. Treatment can only happen in town due to the equipment required for surgery. Surgeons are registered and the number of available surgeons is fixed at 3. Please email or register with Mykal or Kaysy to secure your spot.
That brings us along to change number 2, the wound system is now 1 – 10. On the surface, this seems like a huge change, but it really doesn’t effect all that much.
- 1 – Light Wound. You may only fire a weapon on semi-automatic, and must roleplay the appropriate injured location (fractured rib, bad shoulder, sore leg, etc.)
- 2 – Light Wound. You may only fire a weapon on semi-automatic, and must roleplay the appropriate injured location (fractured rib, bad shoulder, sore leg, etc.)
- 3 – Moderate Wound. You may only shoot a pistol or similar light sidearm. You must roleplay the loss of function of the one most appropriate limb. You can move no faster than a walk.
- 4 – Moderate Wound. You may only shoot a pistol or similar light sidearm. You must roleplay the loss of function of the one most appropriate limb. You can move no faster than a walk.
- 5 – Serious Wound. You may not fire any weapon. You must roleplay the inability to stand up on your own, but may crawl unassisted. You are downed automatically in a Brawl.
- 6 – Serious Wound. You may not fire any weapon. You must roleplay the inability to stand up on your own, but may crawl unassisted. You are downed automatically in a Brawl.
- 7 – Severe Wound. You may not fire any weapon. You must roleplay the inability to move under your own power. You are downed automatically in a Brawl.
- 8 – Severe Wound. You may not fire any weapon. You must roleplay the inability to move under your own power. You are downed automatically in a Brawl.
- 9 – Critical Wound. You may not fire any weapon. You must roleplay complete unconsciousness, with the occasional optional seizure for additional drama.
- 10 – Death. You are dead or mostly dead, do not move on your own power. Your compatriots or anyone else may take you to a surgeon or doctor to see if you can yet be helped.
Which brings us to the final change which is huge this year.
Due to reasons that you may be able to find out this year in game, there will be two respawns upon reaching a level 10 wound rating. Should you become deathly injured, someone can bring you to see a doctor or surgeon. If you have an available respawn, the doctor will refer you to a surgeon. The surgeon will then roleplay assisting you in your healing and then use a hole punch on your game bracelet. The patient then goes to play a cow or sheep until their hour of recovery is up. You may do this twice. If you already have two punches on your game bracelet, the doctor or surgeon that you’ve been taken to will alert either Mykal, Kaysy, or the bank. You will be issued a new game bracelet and will have to create another character as yours is now permanently dead. The doctor or surgeon clipping your bracelet will keep that bracelet until the end of game and it will represent a blood/tissue sample.
If there’s any questions about this or if you want to register as a Doctor or Surgeon, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ataraxia Regulatory Force
Senior Officer’s Log: 28 July
0700 HRS Received duty assignment: Transport and safeguard the Magistrate while he conducts business in the Registered Port of Freefall. No further information given. Requisitioned one armored BA-64 Skiff, call sign “Dog-1”. Due to a shortage of available senior guards (goram miner’s revolt has spread us thin) one junior guard in training will assist.
0900 HRS Arrived at Port of Freefall: Locked down “Dog-1” to secure the Magistrate’s assets within. The Magistrate informs me, he needs to get answers to his wife’s death and hire more mercenary prods (not a man to ask a lot of questions of) so I start the usual visual scan for potential threats and instruct the junior guard on crowd control.
To: General Li Zhaolin, Ariel High Command, Union of Allied Planets
From: Victor Draken, Magistrate of Ataraxia
Re: Recent Discovery of Ataraxite
Dear General Li:
It is my pleasure to inform you of the recent discovery of a very rich vein of Ataraxite which will bring much income to the already wealthy and powerful Alliance . None could be more pleased than I when one of your scientists was able to overcome many adversities and locate this rich deposit on my humble and distant moon.
Freedom, such a thing.
Ruled only by the law, and I’ll probably incriminate myself right here.
Last thing I want to do is go back through that “Social re-insertion” program.. Didn’t help.
Hell, after I got back I headed up a strike, shot four, slashed two necks, and helped smuggle heaps of contraband? What more proof to do you need? (Speaking of proof, you don’t have any on the above!)
I can’t say I was pleased with the Captain’s decision to land us on Ataraxia. I mean, I’m all for doing work in the Core – things there are lawful, and there’s always someplace worthwhile to spend your credits when you earn ‘em. Work on the rim just makes me nervous – everyone out there is looking out for nobody but themselves. Not nice places to be.
I was pretty jumpy after we landed. To tell the truth, I didn’t want to leave the Waxwing, and felt like it was in our best interest to just land, dump or cargo, get our credits, and get flying again. But everything went downhill real fast.